Lenovo E530, out of warranty... Motherboard done for?

vardasnejonas

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Hello,
My laptop is a lanovo e530... No longer in warenty.
The last few times I went to start my laptop from a dead battery it was a struggle to start (removed battery, did the 20-60sec power button hold etc). Now it will not start, the status led doesn't light up, there is no sound from the fan. The power led is and the usb ports work for charging (phone) when plugged into AC but the laptop battery does not charge. I've tried starting it without the battery - nothing. Pretty sure at this point that the motherboard is done for but would appreciate any input... It's pretty bad timing for me for this to have happened...

Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi,

There's still couple of troubleshooting steps you can try before you give up. :)
- Reseat the RAM, take the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then place then back in making sure it's seated properly into it's slot.
- Try doing a motherboard beep test as well to determine if it's really dead or not.
- Take off the RAM and power it on and listen for a beep, If it doesn't beep it's safe to say that the motherboard needs to be replaced.
- Lastly, try using a different AC adapter which has the same voltage that yours has.
Hi,

There's still couple of troubleshooting steps you can try before you give up. :)
- Reseat the RAM, take the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then place then back in making sure it's seated properly into it's slot.
- Try doing a motherboard beep test as well to determine if it's really dead or not.
- Take off the RAM and power it on and listen for a beep, If it doesn't beep it's safe to say that the motherboard needs to be replaced.
- Lastly, try using a different AC adapter which has the same voltage that yours has.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS