Lenovo Edge 15 sealed battery laptop won't start

equisportms

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Lenovo Edge 15 sealed battery laptop won't start, battery light blinking white. Won't reboot or respond to anything. When the AC is plugged in it continues to blink. When the plug is removed the blinking stops until I press the power button again. I can't remove the battery, it's attached. Other than the blinking light, there's no sign of life at all. It was working fine 24 hours ago, plugged it in before bed last night. Didn't try to use it again until a couple hours ago, & found this situation.

Solution
I would contact the people you have the extended tech support through then. If you don't feel comfortable opening it up, etc., which I totally understand :) then perhaps they can help you get it sorted. Just be careful about costs. Some of those guys seriously jack up the fees. If they give you an estimate over the phone, I would call around to see what the local techs would charge. May get a better deal.
Well, any battery should be removable. How easy or hard it is to do, that is a whole other story. :)

Before opening it up, if the laptop is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about a repair/replacement.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying the following yourself, or taking it to a local tech/repair shop.

Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

equisportms

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks for your suggestions.☺ It's out of warranty, though I have extended tech support, not on a holiday of course! The battery is hardwired in, removing it is not an option for me at any rate. Everything else I've done. The battery light is not lit, I suspect it is not charged. The flashing power button is the only thing that does anything. No sounds, no fan, no other anything.

I would contact the people you have the extended tech support through then. If you don't feel comfortable opening it up, etc., which I totally understand :) then perhaps they can help you get it sorted. Just be careful about costs. Some of those guys seriously jack up the fees. If they give you an estimate over the phone, I would call around to see what the local techs would charge. May get a better deal.

Solution