Solved! Lenovo Explorer Motion Controller Problem

Dec 15, 2018
Hello,
I have a really big problem with my lenovo explorer. I just bought it a couple of days ago and its already giving me big problems. The controllers are terrible. Every time i punch in gorn vr my controller might dissapear and disconnect. I see people online with the same headset playing the same game with no problems. Every time it disconnect i have to re-pair the controllers because it wont connect itself back.
Nobody has the same problem Please help me.
Thanks in advance

Solution
In services.msc, just below the Startup Type was a Service Status. It should say Running. If it says anything else (Stopped, Paused, Disabled), that's a probable issue.

-Wolf sends
Does your system natively have Bluetooth capabilities or did you have to add it?

If native: What motherboard are you using?
If added: What device are you using?

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers in either case?

-Wolf sends

Edit: Are you having similar issues in other games or just Gorn VR? I noticed that Windows Mixed Reality wasn't listed as a supported device. Only Oculus and Rift.

Dec 15, 2018

My mobo is z270x-gaming 5 from gigabyte. I am using a hama 4.0 bluetooth usb adapter
I don't know how to reinstall the drivers but i did uninstall and reinstalles the portal, i runned the setup a couple of times and also reinstalled my operating system... Nothing worked

Yeah. Doesn't look like there are any drivers to download/install for the USB adapter, but if others are using the same headset/controllers and they're not having issues, then my guess would be that your controllers are not communicating well enough with your system. Any other bluetooth devices running in the room/home?

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

None, i got that adaptor a day before the headset arrived and only used it for the vr

Can you check under Device Manager --> Bluetooth?

Do you see a couple entries for Motion Controllers? If so, select the properties for either one and look at the Events tab. Anything there since you connected them? (I only have the two entries from the day I first connected them).

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

None. But when i look at the events tab for motion controller-left there are 2 entries. Device install requested and device install complete. Down at the information thing it says "Device BTHENUM\Dev_A81E84E4188B\7&5649030&0&BluetoothDevice_A81E84E4188B requires further installation."

That's normal. I have it too. It's just saying that the driver installation isn't complete. The next entry completes the driver install.

Is it only in this game? Have you tried Rec Room to see if you have similar issues?

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

Yes i have. I have only played laser tag and just before the game started my left controller disconnected and wasn't able to play anymore..

Dec 15, 2018

When i switch my controllers on they don't automatically connect to the pc. I have to unpair them and re-pair them again.

When i switch my controllers on they don't automatically connect to the pc. I have to unpair them and re-pair them again.

Ok. I must have missed that from earlier. I've never had to do that myself. When I switch mine on, they automatically pair with my PC. As a test, I turned on the bluetooth of my cell phone and then powered up one of my controllers. When I did a refresh of available devices on my cell, the motion controller didn't even show up, so I'm guessing it's not a compatible device. That kind of rules out interference from other devices.

Since you're having to re-pair the controllers each time, I'd lean towards a bad Bluetooth USB or a Windows 10 setting.

Found this when researching Bluetooth auto-pairing. Check the Service Status to make sure it's even running and see what your Start up type is and, if it's Manual (like mine is), try changing to to Auto, reboot your system. You may need to pair them one more time (not sure) and reboot your system again to get it to stick.

Then try your game once more to see if you're still having to re-pair them.

The thinking here is that it's some sort of power saving feature. After so long, your PC goes into power saving mode and the Bluetooth service stops.

-Wolf sends

Dec 15, 2018

I did try to make it automatic and it still didn't work. I am going later to get another usb 4.0 bluetooth adapter to see if that fixes the problem

Dec 15, 2018

I did make it automatic and i am having my controllers on right now and its not connecting

608ibW6.jpg

This is what mine looks like. Does yours say, "Running"

-Wolf sends