lenovo g40-50 laptop error installing windows 10

sachin_23

Commendable
May 5, 2016
When i'm selecting a drive partition it says on tha bottam "windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition(show details)"
when i click the show deatails it says
"Windows cannot be installed to this disk.tha selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems,windows can only be installed to Gpt disks"
plzzzzzzz help me.

Solution
Welcome, sachin_23!

You have two options to fix the issue. One would require you to re-initialize the hard drive in GPT, instead of MBR if you plan to use UEFI BIOS for your primary HDD. However, that would be a lot of playing around because it's a laptop.

Instead, I'd suggest you to check your BIOS settings and make sure you ENABLE Legacy BIOS (Boot with BIOS instead of Boot with UEFI). This will allow you to install Windows 10 successfully on the HDD without the need to re-initialize it.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD :)

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome, sachin_23!

You have two options to fix the issue. One would require you to re-initialize the hard drive in GPT, instead of MBR if you plan to use UEFI BIOS for your primary HDD. However, that would be a lot of playing around because it's a laptop.

Instead, I'd suggest you to check your BIOS settings and make sure you ENABLE Legacy BIOS (Boot with BIOS instead of Boot with UEFI). This will allow you to install Windows 10 successfully on the HDD without the need to re-initialize it.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD :)

Solution