Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard semi-not working(Computer Still Works just not the keyboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllieOpps

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
I believe this is a hardware(Possibly software?) issue due to me being able to use an external keyboard and all of these keys working. Recently, a couple days ago I had decided to use disinfectant wipes to wipe my keyboard due to some kids at my table spilling a little bit of ice/juice onto my keyboard(The keyboard still worked fine and I wiped it maybe two days after the semi sticky keys being annoying). I wiped my keyboard while the computer was on and basically just button mashed swiped it. After this the keys acted weird. Certain keys did not work but others did. I have already deleted the drivers for the keyboard(and they restored) and I have opened up the keys that did not work. I recently bought this laptop and am in need of some serious help! Anything will be helpful!!.

Solution
The keyboard is probably damaged either from juice spilling on it, you cleaning it while it was still on, or a combination of both.

Your best bet might be to replace just the keyboard.

kennyskyhong87

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
I have y520 laptop. I also had a hard time in typing since some of key was not working such as E, G, H etc.
So I did the following step to solve this problem.

1) Download all update program from Lenovo website 2) Go to "Device Manager" on your PC 3) Update "System firmware" of "Firmware" 4) reboot 5) you will see the "system update" 6) The issue related to "keyboard problem" will be disappeared

Hong From South Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.