Solved! Lenovo Legion y720 - slow while multitasking

Dec 27, 2018
Hello,

I have a problem with my Legion Y720 notebook, it is very slow while multitasking. For example: if I have a game opened and then I start any browser and try to watch a video on youtube, it get's very laggy, I cannot watch the video.

Before upgrading to this notebook, I had a much worse one and with that one I had no problems doing the same operations with the same games and apps.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you!

Solution
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your notebook's performance.

Be sure to look at the Startup tab in Task Manager - you may find many more things being started and running than you would expect. Find out what they are before reacting to disable or delete.

Open one tool or the other and just watch for awhile. Maybe "explore" the tool to learn how to navigate about.

Then slide the open window to one side and "multi-task" as normal. Watch what changes - likely some bottleneck with one component or another.

Or some application, service, or process hogging things. Likely buggy or the result of a conflict with some other software.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your notebook's performance.

Be sure to look at the Startup tab in Task Manager - you may find many more things being started and running than you would expect. Find out what they are before reacting to disable or delete.

Open one tool or the other and just watch for awhile. Maybe "explore" the tool to learn how to navigate about.

Then slide the open window to one side and "multi-task" as normal. Watch what changes - likely some bottleneck with one component or another.

Or some application, service, or process hogging things. Likely buggy or the result of a conflict with some other software.

Solution