Lenovo T410 beeps 5 times on startup, pauses, beeps 5 times again; unable to boot

Tom21

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014
Hello everyone.
I have a Lenovo T410 and for some time now it has been unable to boot to desktop. Every time I power it on, it makes 5 short beeps, pauses, and another 5 beeps before showing the Thinkpad screen for a few seconds. After that, the screen goes black and the process repeats.
Disabling the security chip in BIOS has stopped the beeping, but the Thinkpad screen will appear and disappear in an infinite restart loop. Pressing F8 gives me a "Stuck Key Error", and I've attempted to boot the computer to a Windows 7 Repair USB and a USB with Ubuntu without success. Is there a way to fix this, or is it possible that the hardware is damaged?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom21

Estimable
Jun 4, 2014

Hi there.
Unfortunately I don't think I have any CDs from Lenovo. The laptop is about 6 years old and it came with a Win 7 serial code from Microsoft. I was away from my laptop for a few minutes and returned to find the screen was turned off. I powered it up again and the beeping started. When I set boot mode to "Diagnostics", it will loop a screen saying "Initializing Intel Boot Agent GE v1.3.51, PXE 2.1 Build 089 (WfM 2.0)" followed by one short beep. When boot mode is set to "Quick", it will loop the Thinkpad screen. Any suggestions on how I can approach this? Thank you.
BIOS version is 1.39.