Lenovo Thinkpad X220 doesn't turn on anymore

Valenfield

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
Heya,
so here's my problem.
Basically, my laptop has been working fine this morning.
Now that i'm trying to turn it on, it doesn't work anymore.
Basically, when trying to turn it on by pressing the power button, the battery charge led flickers
for a 2 seonds before it turns off.
This same thing also happens when i took the battery off, plugged the charger and tryed to power on. Same flicking led before it goes off.
Without the charger plugged in, the led doesn't even turn on at all.
What could the issue possibly be?
Replacing the battery may help? I have no idea.
Anybody who can give me advices??

awolfe63

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007

This generally happens when the system board fails. Either the onboard power supply or the CPU. Before you give up - try:

1) remove the drive and see if anything changes (unlikely)
2) remove and replace the DRAM SO-DIMMS. Sometimes they come loose and can cause this.

Valenfield

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015

Really, the power supply could have got broken like this? Damn it, I'll have to test. Also some more Info's about my issue

Laptop doesnt turn on but It should be fully charged since i always used it with the charger on. It was working completely fine with no indication of faults, but then just randomly unable to turn on anymore.
When charger is plugged in, the charger light blinks for about 2-3 seconds before turning off completely. When I press the power button, the webcam light flashes on for a brief second, implying the laptop is trying to turn on(?) -- Same results with battery in or out.
Pressed a bunch of random keyboard buttons and the charger light blinked for a longer duration before eventually turning off.
Sooo yeah, odd :( maybe the battery died?