Lenovo v510-15IKB bricked, any good soul to guide me with getting it back and running?

AmazingBread

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
So, i was doing my documents, when a pop up to restart appeared. I did and it started restarting, i was kinda sleepy so me elbow was on the keyboard. Something about updating and BIOS something popped up and right after that the laptop powered down, as my elbow was pushing down the power button. Stupid mistake. So now the laptop wont power up. It lights up, fan spins heavily after few mins but screen remains off. Im a newbie with bios and stuff, any good samaritan to guide me? I kinda got from the internet that i need to download some kind of recovery tool and bios for this version of notebook, put it on a FAT usb stick and pop it in the laptop (+pray it works).

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS