Lenovo Working on Quad-Core Tablet for Early 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]What could you possibly need a quad core tablet for?[/citation]

Windows 8, developing on an IDE while testing on same rig, real computing (not just surfing the internet or email).

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
It would probably have dismal battery life unless it is a huge thing. The problem with tablets is the dismal interaction. Typing is a drag and to slow. The only use I find for mine is reading and surfing the web.

smitharthur

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Once you try out an Asus Android Tablet with a keyboard, external hard drive and external monitor. No other tablet comes close to what it offers and IOS devices seem like you have your hands tied behind your back after you try this.

At this stage.. I would not consider an iPad for anything because it lacks real multitasking that Android offers. That and the fact it is impossible to delete files or try changing languages and you end up with a mess on IOs, are good enough reasons not to even consider the use of any IOS device.

In the past week I have shown a good number of IOs fans the differences. All now are using Android and not an IOs and they see the light. IOs fans will stick with Apple for a while ... but the usefulness and attrition will come over time. This is the reason Apple's market share has been declining and will continue to do so over the next few years.

mpotran

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Windows 8, developing on an IDE while testing on same rig, real computing (not just surfing the internet or email).[/citation]
Tablets are not made for anything other than surfing the internet, playing simple games, watching movies and reading documents. If you need to use it for anything more serious you need to add a keyboard, a mouse and a bigger screen. Add those three and whoila! it's not a tablet anymore but a laptop/desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.