Lenovo Y510p(no ultrabay) vs ASUS N550JV - Gaming/College

CugelST

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
Hello!

Need a portable/No Heat/Good Brand Laptop :)

Budget: $1100, I will accept suggestions of $1500 or less

Uses: Casual Gaming (League of Legends, Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft) and College

Need: 1) Light laptop (have issues with my low back)
2) I'll buy it on Canada

Battery Life: Standard

Size: 15.6' or more pref.

Screen: Full HD 1080p

Brand Pref: MSI, Lenovo, ASUS , I need support for South America, Canada and Australia (yeah travelling a lot)

Additional Information:

1) I'm not considering the SLI option of Y510p cause the games that I play don't use it.
2) I want a really no heat laptop, last one was horrible.
3) According to XOTIC PC and Amazon CA the ASUS N550JV is a bestseller, Why?

I really love GT60 but it's a bit heavy

Solution
Yeah, I don't care about a non-removable battery, but is it better than y510p? I'm travelling because of research (master), that's why I will need to carry it to the library at least few days per week.

I want a global band cause of travellings, that's why I'm not considering Clevo/Sanger.

Any idea what's the price of the lenovo y50?
The N550JV has sold as well as it has due to it's aesthetic appeal and overall performance at its price. It's not a "gaming laptop" per se, but it's still very capable, durable, and practical. If you don't mind a non-removable battery, it's a nice system.

What is it that has you traveling so much?

Also, if you're not dead set on those brands, Clevo/Sager systems might be worth looking into.

CugelST

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
Yeah, I don't care about a non-removable battery, but is it better than y510p? I'm travelling because of research (master), that's why I will need to carry it to the library at least few days per week.

I want a global band cause of travellings, that's why I'm not considering Clevo/Sanger.

Any idea what's the price of the lenovo y50?

Solution

CugelST

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
What about y50? What do you think about it? Worth the wait?

The battery on the N550 is removable, but it is secured inside of the case rather than outside. And while Clevo is global, not a lot of Clevo resellers offer a global warranty, unfortunately.

Austin Myers

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
The Lenovo is the best deal, it'll last you a long time and it has more than adequate hardware for your needs, the ASUS is more for an entertainment laptop than a gaming laptop although it'll still be able to handle games. The Lenovo will serve you well, but they're both good laptops.