Solved! lenovo z50 70 not turning on

gokulkks1995

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
when I plug in AC supply to lenovo z50-70 laptop the charging led turned on but after I press power button it turned off and the whole laptop never turned on again. laptop was kept in shelf for last 2 weeks. I just disassemble and remove dust since there were lot of dust...... Its not responding still. Can i do anything else. please help.
I also checked power adapter. It was working good. Try switch on lap with/without AC power supply and with/without battery.

Solution
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Solution

gokulkks1995

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017

Thanking you... webworkings for the suggestion you have given..

Still can't get any positive response from my laptop.

I tried all 3 things that are listed above... but was unable to check battery... it doesn't shows any output in Multimeter. Insted i checked wether there is any output in the pins(to which battery is connected in laptop) while puging on the charger and no voltage was messured there.