Solved! LENOVO Z51-70 replacing DVD/CD drive with SSD with caddy not recognised by BIOS

Sep 20, 2018
I've had this laptop for 3-4 years rarely used the dvd drive . Found out about the whole drive-ssd replacement to boost booting speed and some programs while still having the good old HDD as bulk storage .
Anyway , I got the crucial mx500 and decieded to embark upon a journey of messing around carefuly and nervously as i haven't done anything like this before .
Got the ssd in the main storage slot and the hdd in the caddy and threw out the dvd drive . On Switching this mess on i find a "no bootable drive available" or something like that ( my sys. is on the hdd) .so switched the ssd and hdd positions windows started normaly but without the ssd being recognised.
So i think
1.The caddy is messed up.
2. This little piece has some messed up pins

20180920_163331.jpg

20180920_160528.jpg

You can tell that am a complete noob so i appreciate the help.:D

Solution
Incompatible or defective, either is certainly possible. Double check all the connections/seating, just to be sure (we've had customers send computers in for simple things like that). Also, try listening to it; if the mechanical drive is in there and getting power, you should hear it. No noise = no power.
Assuming everything is installed correctly, did you tell the computer to boot from the hard drive? It might be trying to boot from the new SSD, which doesn't have Windows on it (assuming you didn't install Windows to it).

What is that cable bridging? It looks like the pins are just soldered to the circuit board, no damage.

Sep 20, 2018
Everything looks fine and the caddy looks ok it's brand new, i am just speculating because the dvd drive is recognised in the BIOS but the caddied ssd isn't recognised at all that's the problem. It may be an incompatability issue, i don't know .it's all speculations at this point.

Incompatible or defective, either is certainly possible. Double check all the connections/seating, just to be sure (we've had customers send computers in for simple things like that). Also, try listening to it; if the mechanical drive is in there and getting power, you should hear it. No noise = no power.

Solution
Sep 20, 2018
Well i can hear the dvd drive and the mechanical drive in the same slot. I have disassembeled it 3 or 4 times already just to make sure it isn't my mistake.Someone told me that this issue is common with the lenovo z51-70 is this true?