Solved! LG G7 One: Black Screen, Full Charge, Not responding to forced reset

Feb 11, 2019
My G7 One was stuck on the LG boot logo for about a minute or so. After it booted into my lock screen i used the phone like normal and slept it for about 10 minutes, pressed the power button to wake it, nothing, completely unresponsive. Only solution ive seen online is to press Volume down and Power at the same time to force reset, this didnt work. I have found nothing else that could help me online

Solution
Update: Phone works now, i had to let the battery die while it was in that state(so its probably a good thing i couldnt turn it off) i have NO idea what could have possibly caused this but i'm glad its been resolved
Actually, to reset the device it has to be powered off first. I am including the instructions on how to do it below. However, if the device won't turn on, or it turns on but nothing comes on the display, then this won't work. In these cases, it is likely hardware and not software the is the problem. Then you would either need to contact the manufacturer (if it is under warranty) or take it to a local tech.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

Feb 11, 2019
Actually, to reset the device it has to be powered off first. I am including the instructions on how to do it below. However, if the device won't turn on, or it turns on but nothing comes on the display, then this won't work. In these cases, it is likely hardware and not software the is the problem. Then you would either need to contact the manufacturer (if it is under warranty) or take it to a local tech.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.
Unfortunately this will not work. Its almost like the phone is dead, but the battery was full when this started. The screen stays black regardless of what i do, i cant tell if the phones off because i cant see anything regardless of the button combination i press.

Feb 11, 2019
Update: Phone works now, i had to let the battery die while it was in that state(so its probably a good thing i couldnt turn it off) i have NO idea what could have possibly caused this but i'm glad its been resolved

Last edited:
Solution