LG Nexus 4 or LG optimus G

ozair26

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I want to buy a smartphone mostly for gaming and photography.My budget is about 25k-27k Indian rupees.I have came across these two beasts i.e Nexus 4 and Optimus G.Both share same specs only difference is memory(32GB vs 16GB) and camera(13MP vs 8MP).
and I have read reviews that says Optimus G camera is below average even worst than 5 MP camera.

and one more thing that both phones have back panel made up of glass so they are very fragile and need extra care
So please tell me which smartphone I should go for....?
Or any other like Xperia ZR,HTC one x+ etc.
Thanks in advance

Solution
The Nexus 4 specs are nowhere near as good as the Optimus G specs. I've seen both phones (in fact I own an Optimus G), and I would say neither. The Nexus 4 is slow and not very performant for games. The Optimus G is very good and fast, but there is a manufacture defect that causes the gorrila glass in the back to break by itself after a while. I have a 1 year warranty on my Optimus G and the glass broke, and it's really by itself and takes a few minutes as well. From what I hear from employees of multiple phone companies, they've seen people put that on warranty with LG repairing the phone, but if it's 6 months later, you won't be able to put it on warranty, just like my own Optimus G that I can't put on warranty for that even if they...

S Brideau

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
The Nexus 4 specs are nowhere near as good as the Optimus G specs. I've seen both phones (in fact I own an Optimus G), and I would say neither. The Nexus 4 is slow and not very performant for games. The Optimus G is very good and fast, but there is a manufacture defect that causes the gorrila glass in the back to break by itself after a while. I have a 1 year warranty on my Optimus G and the glass broke, and it's really by itself and takes a few minutes as well. From what I hear from employees of multiple phone companies, they've seen people put that on warranty with LG repairing the phone, but if it's 6 months later, you won't be able to put it on warranty, just like my own Optimus G that I can't put on warranty for that even if they do put it on warranty for 1 month old phones. They don't respect their 1 year warranty.

Solution

olliekill

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

BS... The nexus 4 has the same specs as the optimus g, in fact the n4 was based on the g... Its so fast its probably one of the smoothest android phone out at the minute... Yes shoot her than the s4. I said smoother, not faster