dushyantbangal

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Hey, I'm using Synaptics Gesture Suite 13.4
My new laptop has the touch pad a little left than my previous one. So it detects accidental taps on the left side, and its annoying.

I was able to limit the tapping scope using the "SmartSense" in the Synaptics software. BUT, the problem is the delay after keypress.

The limit doesnt work if SmartSense is disabled. And if i enable it, the touch-pad freezes for some time after key-press.

What I want is, to limit the tapping scope without the freeze after key press. Any solution?

Solution

I don't know of anything that will allow you to change the touchpad any better than the drivers from the vendor would. Almost anything is just an...

dushyantbangal

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010

I did think about contacting Synaptics, i dont think that would be much effective, as theres nothing like that in the software suite.
Already tried the sensitivity thing, but that didnt help much. My old touch-pad was perfectly located, most of there new laptops have it stupidly located to the left side.

Is there any third-party software that can do it?

I don't know of anything that will allow you to change the touchpad any better than the drivers from the vendor would. Almost anything is just an overlay that may give you easier access to the features the default program would do. Just use a mouse with the system. I use laptops a lot, home and at work, but I almost always use them with a mouse at least.

Solution