I accidentally spilled buttermilk on my laptop keyboard and some of it somehow also entered where the battery is lodged. The laptop powered off and at that time I didn't realize I had spilled something so I pressed the power button and it did not start. That's when I noted the spill. I took out the battery, cleaned the keyboard, inverted the laptop and left it under the fan. To avoid risking short circuiting I gave it to a repair shop but not before I tried to switch it on without AC power and it did switch on but I shut it off immediately to avoid risking everything. The repair shop guy told that my Intel Chipset was shorted and that it needed to be changed and that everything else is fine. Not wanting to question his knowledge I went ahead and now the laptop is working fine. My doubt is whether the chipset was actually damaged (since the laptop had switched on even though I didn't try using it fully)? How do I confirm the repair guy has actually changed the chipset? I have already paid the money but I am curious.