"lock" button other than battery

gjberta

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
I just bought a used Acer Aspire 5250 laptop and can't figure out what the lock button is for on the bottom. There are two (2) and I know one is for the battery but what is the other one? Thanks in advance for the help!

gjberta

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

Thank you so much! Wow, it is that indeed!
I like the machine from what I've done in the two days I've had it; I'm used to older computers. But, I never had one without a harddrive light and I already miss that. The old gent who had it never used it so the harddrive does not make enough noise yet to know when it's running. About as dumb as not marking the button you just clued me into...... :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 6
Mugsy Laptop Tech Support 7
T Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Solved! MY dell latitude laptop power button is on but it's not coming up. No display. I have tried to remove the battery and Press's
Solved! My acer laptop turn on button is on but the screen is blank and it doesnt have a removable battery
Solved! Laptop turns on after 5-10 minutes of pressing power button (Unremovable Battery)
Laptop only boots after taking battery out holding power button and repeating a few times. **HELP**
Battery and power button is damaged and turned off suddenly..won't turnback on
My Acer laptop 5570z won't come on and if I take out the battery and put it back and plug in charger after holding button , is
My hp laptop finished battery while watching a movie. I shut it down by pressing the power button.. on the next day,i charged
My notebook power button remain on for 5 sec and then switch off it's battery is inbuilt help me
Mankar Kameran said: Take your battery out and then hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then pop the battery back on and th
Need to reset CMOS. No Reset button. No jumper. No battery
my laptop doesn't start unless i press the power button multiple times..the battery is ok as well as the AC adapter..what caus
my lenovo s21e won't turn on, I've bought a new battery charger I turned it straight on and pressed the f8 button it flawed on
I have gateway NE46RS1 model laptop with inbuilt battery. I can't turn on my laptop ..when I press the power button the power
laptop is not switching on for the first time if i push the power button but after force stop and on second push it is.....
I can an HP pavilion entertainment pc and I turn it on and get a black screen I took the battery out and held the power button
My Acer aspire E431 laptop switch off suddenly even my battery 67%,I try to switch on the power button it opens for few second
Acer extensa 5230e laptop battery LED blinking yellow, power button deffective.
My dell laptop have a trouble in starting.while pressing power button the battery light flashing white and orange light.4 time
My acer E5-411-C3K3 went blank but the power light is on.i already remove the battery and press 20 second the power button but
dont have orange light after disconnecting and 30 sec on power button and then putting battery in and plug in ac cord

ASK THE COMMUNITY