Aladdad

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
So im looking into buying a new headset under 150$ i'm looking into these 2 the Cloud II comes in at 115$ while the logitech G633 is at 130$ still confused on which one to get.. they both seem good while the logitech look slightly cooler.. but thats not i want.. i want a good quality headset with an acceptable mic quality.. i do make some youtube videos so the mic matters but also ALOT of gaming.. so i was wondering if anyone tried out any of these 2? which one would you guys recommend for me? Thanks!

Solution
Comfort is what i care about more than the sound, because these gaming headsets with dac+amp / soundcard will always give acceptable sound.

I had the Hyper x Cloud,the stereo one, good comport and same goes for sound quality...

If you have a good sound card,i don't see any reason to overlook the hyper X cloud and go with the cloud 2 for more money.

And for mic quality, it is not the best,but decent enough.

SPgamer007

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Comfort is what i care about more than the sound, because these gaming headsets with dac+amp / soundcard will always give acceptable sound.

I had the Hyper x Cloud,the stereo one, good comport and same goes for sound quality...

If you have a good sound card,i don't see any reason to overlook the hyper X cloud and go with the cloud 2 for more money.

And for mic quality, it is not the best,but decent enough.

Solution

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I enjoy my cloud IIs more than I did my G35s.
They are extremely light and comfortable. Sound quality is great, surround works well with the in line USB sound card.
The mic can be a bit quiet unless its turned up all the way, but its still quality.

ZerockX

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
My roomate has a Cloud 2, and i just bought the G633 a few days ago. After he hears the G633, he planning on trading his Cloud 2 for a G933.

Sound quality? G633 outperforms the Cloud. I'm confident to give you this statement, it reproduce a better sound, it feels more alive, more intense. And the bass is MUCH better on the G633, it gives you punch feeling, and also the vibration that the Cloud lacking. Don't get me wrong, G633 is not bass-favored like Razer ones, it just does the bass better than the Cloud.

The comfort, The Cloud is a bit better. The G633 has a very big earcup that its border doesn't touch your ear, which give you a nicer feel compared to the oval shaped of the Cloud. But G633 tend to fall off your head if you slide your head back too far (more than normally do) whereas the Cloud does not (the Cloud stick to your head like glued). If you only care about comfort, then the Cloud is the better choice.

Reactions: Bubika

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Thats a fairly shortsighted post to make, claiming not to trust us based on one personal experience.
Mostly due to the fact I never even made a recommendation one way or the other. I compared the two I had used, and left it at that. Given such, I will now give my opinion.
It is also a fairly hard argument to make basing one of your only two points on Bass (which is a personal preference mind you, bass has nothing to do with a "better" headset) not to mention the G633 also has a smaller driver (40mm vs 52mm)
I personally still prefer the Cloud IIs having now used the 633s since the time of my first post (for a few hours)

I will give you the fact logitech headsets have massive ear cuffs (but are balanced out by the sheer weight.

ZerockX

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014

You're right, i edited my post to make it more appropriate.
But as the bass, my point wasn't about heavier bass = better sound. It was that the bass on the G633 was reproduced better, a deeper, more spacious bass.
And the driver size, bigger size doesn't mean better sound. This has been proven many times.

KAnonymous

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014

I would just get the Cloud II and forego the G633. It's personal opinion, but you have to take into account a variety of factors (most of which favor the Cloud II).

Sound quality, comfort, ease of use, wired (make sure it's wired), 7.1? DTS?

Compare the specs and make an educated choice (unless you've done so already).