Sk0007

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
Hi, i want to purchase a laptop mainly for video editing, Vfx and internet surfing and downloading. I am looking for Asus zenbook ux501. Is it best for me or i should go for ROG series. I need a laptop as soon as possible. Please guide me.

Solution
Do not get a "U" model i7, you want a QM one. The U models are dual core.

For pro work, I always suggest checking the used market for a workstation model, Lenovo W, HP Z series etc... A Lenovo W520 is a great machine, will cost half the price of a new one and will likely outlast any new system.

SubZeroFlsh

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
Because your video editing, I would strong recommend prioritizing an i7 over an i5. As the multiple cores will come in handy when it comes to rendering.

Also, I strongly recommend you get a laptop with an IPS panel.

May I know your budget?

Elli__TJ

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
I've broken the net in search of the best laptop for photo-editing. Those are also, obviously, good for video-editing, and most sites agree than after Mac, Asus is best. I've read many reviews with colour representation tests and they do perfect. If you can, get the Zenbook Pro.
Otherwise, provided money is no an issue, Mac Pro is an option. Five years ago hubby got one specifically for animation and video editing and only now it's showing the first glitches. (Personally I don't respect them, so I'm avoiding their products)
Just make sure to stick to i7 and if possible, prefer SSD memory. IPS panel should be there, too.

Do not get a "U" model i7, you want a QM one. The U models are dual core.

For pro work, I always suggest checking the used market for a workstation model, Lenovo W, HP Z series etc... A Lenovo W520 is a great machine, will cost half the price of a new one and will likely outlast any new system.

Solution