looking at HP spectre 360 13.3 with either i5 or i7... whats benefit of i7?

Solution
The Core i7-7500u would be a little more powerful than the i5-7200u. If you do a lot of things that are very CPU intensive, then the i7-7500u may be worth it depending on the price premium. For average use... not much of a difference since you likely will not be pushing the CPU to the limits.

- Base clockspeed: 2.7GHz vs 2.5GHz - Pretty minor in my opinion.
- Turbo Boost max speed: 3.5GHz vs 3.1GHz - Decent for intensive CPU tasks like video encoding.
- Cache: 4GB vs 3GB - Can come in handy for complex calculations to give a very minor performance gain such as video encoding
- Intel HD 620 max clockspeed: 1.05GHz vs 1.0GHz - A 50MHz difference is so minor that the performance is virtually the same.
The Core i7-7500u would be a little more powerful than the i5-7200u. If you do a lot of things that are very CPU intensive, then the i7-7500u may be worth it depending on the price premium. For average use... not much of a difference since you likely will not be pushing the CPU to the limits.

- Base clockspeed: 2.7GHz vs 2.5GHz - Pretty minor in my opinion.
- Turbo Boost max speed: 3.5GHz vs 3.1GHz - Decent for intensive CPU tasks like video encoding.
- Cache: 4GB vs 3GB - Can come in handy for complex calculations to give a very minor performance gain such as video encoding
- Intel HD 620 max clockspeed: 1.05GHz vs 1.0GHz - A 50MHz difference is so minor that the performance is virtually the same.

Solution