Looking for a (970m) laptop under 1500

TheTurkishReaper

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Hey guys... So after using my garbage can of a computer the late 2012 imac (specs in the bottom of this thread.) for about 3.5 years its already slowed down even for web browsing and after trying to play empire total war on low with 22 fps i gave up and decided to get a ps4. It covers my AAA title needs. So Im basically looking for a computer which can handle games like bioshock infinite and wolfenstein over 30 fps and being able to handle modern games over 30 fps on medium or hopefully high if its good optimised. In short the computer I am looking for is a good 970m laptop for under 1500 dollars that i can also use for school work.

* Can you guys please find how much fps i can get on certain games with this card? Thanks a ton.

** Also how much of an increase of performance would i get with the computer i gave the link to below
*** Fİnally should I buy a warranty for this computer? please keep in mind that I will take it back to my home country Turkey by plane.
What I found so far:

- TheMSI GE72 APACHE PRO-242 the maxed out version on amazon includes windows 10 16 gb ram gtx 970m and a i7-5700HQ processor which turbos up to 3.5 ghz from 2.7 now the major problem with this computer is that it has no SSD however I found a solution for that a Seagate 1TB Laptop Gaming SSHD

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE72-APACHE-235-17-3-Inch-Gaming/dp/B012AQH9IW/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452846353&sr=1-1&keywords=970m

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1452862286&sr=1-4&keywords=1+tb+ssd

MY SPECS:
- A core i5 2.7 ghz
-8 gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram
-512 mb 640m (i know ; -; Its cringe worthy.)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Solution
That laptop is great! Perfect for your needs.

I personally do not suggest buying a hybrid drive, get a standard SSD if possible. Hybrid drives won't make your system run a lot faster, the only time difference is boot times overall. I personally have two SSHDs in two of my systems and both systems are still just as slow as if they had 7200RPM hard drives, only exception is the boot times on windows.

Besides that, your looking in the right spot. Get the laptop, you won't regret it. (I know your pain, up until a year ago I was playing on a GT 540M.)
That laptop is great! Perfect for your needs.

I personally do not suggest buying a hybrid drive, get a standard SSD if possible. Hybrid drives won't make your system run a lot faster, the only time difference is boot times overall. I personally have two SSHDs in two of my systems and both systems are still just as slow as if they had 7200RPM hard drives, only exception is the boot times on windows.

Besides that, your looking in the right spot. Get the laptop, you won't regret it. (I know your pain, up until a year ago I was playing on a GT 540M.)

Solution