Looking for a good gaming headset! I'm thing about the Razer Tiamat 7.1

Rage8725

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
Hello everyone. I just recent built my first gaming pc and I'm looking to get a fairly good headset for gaming. I really like razer products and have never been disappointed so I looked at these as an option. Firstly do you guys like them much? Also would I need a dedicated sound card to get true 7.1? If so is it worth it or should I get a different headset without a sound card? I'd rather not have to get a sound card but if it's really worth it I will since they're not to expensive. Thanks in advanced!

Solution

A dedicated sound card will provide the best sound experience. The Tiamat is a good choice if you found this at sale at $160.

Rage8725

Estimable
Jul 9, 2014
I'd like to keep it around the same price of the Tiamat. It's on sale at newegg now for around 160 I believe. I'm open to suggestions though! Also do you think I should get a dedicated sound card to get the true 7.1 surround sound "experience?"

Joeteoh99

Estimable
Herald
Jul 20, 2014

A dedicated sound card will provide the best sound experience. The Tiamat is a good choice if you found this at sale at $160.

Solution

Joeteoh99

Estimable
Herald
Jul 20, 2014

Yes you can because some desktops or laptops doesn't have a sound card, however you can later install it.

LSD illusion

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014

razer kraken is virtual 7.1 and has 2 drivers in each earcup.
while razer tiamat is true 7.1 and has 7 or w/e drivers in each ear