Looking for a good pair of speakers tot hook up to my tv

brentvent

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,
I want to get a pair of new speakers to connect with my tv. I was thinking about the creative a550. I want the speaker to be 5.1 and my price range is about €70.
Does anyone know a pair of good speakers?

Thanks for helping me out!

Solution
unfortunately that is often what you get in the manuals.

its easy to know if you have ARC support as that is often listed right in the manual but as far as 6ch over optical... that information is often obscure and hard to find.

of course if you decided on a 2.1 system instead you wouldnt have to worry about it.
pc speakers like the a550 could certainly be used (likely with hdmi to 5.1 analog adapter) but may be a bit underpowered compared with home theater options if you are in a larger room. given your low budget there really arent many other options though.

budget 5.1 home theater systems are likely several fold your budget.

brentvent

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Thanks for the reply! I live in a small room and i don't want to spend a fortune to speaker anyway. Also is there many difference between the 2.1 andere the 5.1 speakers?
I really like surround sound since I watch a lot of anime/movies.
I have a Samsung smart tv.

one is surround sound while the other is stereo...

some of the 5.1 kits are the same speakers as the 2.1 but with more of them...

not all sources are recorded in 5.1. many streaming anime sources (crunchyroll, netflix) are stereo while even many anime movies are stereo. many regular movies are 5.1 as well as games. music is generally stereo as well as youtube, windows and many other sounds.

for the same price you can buy a higher quality 2.1 or 2.0 set than a 5.1

while pc speakers can get the job done for cheap theres cetainly a quality level that is not comparable to decent home theater options. of course the prices reflect this.

a set of stereo bookshelf speakers from the hifi market will generally be better quality audio than a 5.1 pc speaker set. the price may be a bit more but it could be worth it depending on taste.

honestly the only person who can make the call between what kind of system to get on what budget is you. if you are not picky you could certainly go with a cheap set. heck, you could even go with a cheap soundbar

brentvent

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Thanks again for the info.
Although i have ons last question. I always used a headset, so i don't really know much of speakers. I have a Samsung UE40KU6100 TV, can i hook up the a550 to him or do i need extra cables? and does my TV supports this surround sound?
Thanks again man.

plug and play? generally no. tvs have not had analog 6ch outputs for quite some time.

it seems like you have hdmi, optical and 3.5mm output. now the 3.5mm is going to be stereo only but you need to check your manual or specs to see if you have A) hdmi ARC or B) 6ch capability on your optical.

if you have A) get a 6ch hdmi audio extractor with arc support. if you have B) get an optical audio extractor with 6ch support. generally 6 plugs on the back analog you would need to use rca to 3.5mm plugs to adapt to but you might find some with 3.5mm already (rarely).

brentvent

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
I downloaded the users manual off the internet and Didn't really found it. I did found a "License" of dts 5.1 but i don't know if that's what im looking for.

unfortunately that is often what you get in the manuals.

its easy to know if you have ARC support as that is often listed right in the manual but as far as 6ch over optical... that information is often obscure and hard to find.

of course if you decided on a 2.1 system instead you wouldnt have to worry about it.

Solution