Looking for a new laptop....I need a little help

Redzonezzz

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
I have a slightly old 2009 laptop from hp, and am thinking of getting a upgrade.

I have definitely done my homework on this because I have some specific parts I'm looking for.

17 inch screen
i7-6700hq or better
8gb of ram or better
A ssd + hard drive config (at least 1tb)
Nvidia GTX 970m (minimum)
1080p res (min)

Anthony else leave a comment with your thoughts and ideas that can help me narrow the search.

I would like it to be nice and quiet and cooled to nice temperature though.

Thanks!
Redzonezzz

Solution
www.xoticpc.com plenty of gaming systems there to pick from. Or just do a search on any other shopping site for the video card you want, really anything with a 970m will be good enough and will have about equal specifications.

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
realistically there are only so many models with specs that high. I am guessing you have a open ended budget so it will most likely come down to looks/design.

Not really sure what advice you are looking for.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
I would go look at Best Buy they have an Alienware 17 that has a 4k screen. Go play with it and the other models then shop around Tiger Direct, Newegg, Staples and compare to what you liked at Best Buy. Those specs should cost between 1000 and 2000 mostly likely closer to 1500 unless you find something you like with like a 980, 16 OR GB Ram OR a 512 Gb/1TB SSD