Looking for a new laptop up to $2000

arrox

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, so I'm a Canadian student looking to get a laptop for school, I have up to $2000 to spend. I will be using it for computer science, note taking, light gaming (CS:GO, would like to get atleast 60 FPS on min settings), and some graphics design (Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere).

I'm looking for something that is 13'', has a resolution higher than 1080p, more than 16 GB of RAM, and atleast decent battery life (at the absolute minimum, 5 or 6 hours).

Thanks in advance :D

Solution

(In terms of overall gaming performance, the Intel Core i7-4710HQ 4-Core 2.5GHz (Mine) is very slightly better than the Intel Core i7-4700MQ 4-Core 2.4GHz (Yours) when it comes to running the latest games. This also means it will be less likely to...

Joeteoh99

Estimable
Herald
Jul 20, 2014

Mine is slightly better with its specs but yours is slightly newer and is cheaper. But if he doesn't mind spending a bit extra then the MSI is the way to go. I am not saying yours is bad though. ;)

(In terms of overall gaming performance, the Intel Core i7-4710HQ 4-Core 2.5GHz (Mine) is very slightly better than the Intel Core i7-4700MQ 4-Core 2.4GHz (Yours) when it comes to running the latest games. This also means it will be less likely to bottleneck more powerful GPUs, allowing them to achieve more of their gaming performance potential.0 - Straight from Game Debate comparison.

They both have the same GPU. Yours has an M.2 port/connector, which nobody will likely use for some time to come because of the cost of M.2 drives so that doesn't really factor in. So you do you figure yours is a better unit when it's older, has a slower CPU and the exact same GPU? I don't get it but the number don't lie my friend. Plus it's 400+ dollars, or Canadian, cheaper, that's a no brainer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS