Solved! Looking for advice on a a/v receiver purchase

djking121

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I'm currently in the market for a new home theatre receiver with only one thing of importance really. I would like to run everything through the receiver and then one hdmi out to the tv.

The tv I have is a LG 42LH40. The components I'm looking to connect are - PS3 (hdmi), XBOX360 (hdmi), WII (a/v), time warner cable box (component) and a dvd player with component video but no hdmi.

My question is whether or not there is even a receiver that would be able to do this, or if there are better setup options available? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Pretty much any Home Theater receiver that has multiple HDMI inputs and does HDMI audio processing will work for you. The video cables for your Wii (yellow RCA), Time Warner Cable box and DVD Player (R/G/B RCA) will connect directly to your HDTV. Audio cables for each of these connections would go directly to the receiver.

Optionally, it appears that the HDTV has all the inputs you need and also has an digital audio (optical) output. I'm thinking you may be able to connect all your devices directly to the HDTV and then just use the optical out from the HDTV to your receiver (not sure about the analog audio components, though).

-Wolf sends
Pretty much any Home Theater receiver that has multiple HDMI inputs and does HDMI audio processing will work for you. The video cables for your Wii (yellow RCA), Time Warner Cable box and DVD Player (R/G/B RCA) will connect directly to your HDTV. Audio cables for each of these connections would go directly to the receiver.

Optionally, it appears that the HDTV has all the inputs you need and also has an digital audio (optical) output. I'm thinking you may be able to connect all your devices directly to the HDTV and then just use the optical out from the HDTV to your receiver (not sure about the analog audio components, though).

-Wolf sends

Solution
of course you could use a single a/v unit to accomplish this.

just find one that has all the ports you need. going to a local store or looking at rear-panel photos of models online can help. there should be a model fitting your requirements.