Looking for an i7 quadcore touchscreen that can be positioned in a "tablet" configuration for a flat wall mount. Needs a USB

Hsutton

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Looking for an i7 quadcore in a touchdisplay "tablet" configuration for a multi channel video application. A dual core is not powerful enough. The application works fine in a traditional i7 quadcore laptop, but need the flat tablet configuration for proper mounting on the wall. The device needs a USB port as well as a GigE RJ45. Anything out there? Tablet PC, Ultrabooks. I have not been able to find anything. The device is being plugged into a power source.

Solution

Oh, oops. I was thinking of the 'pro' version.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro

It's pricy, but should be what you described.

UPDATE:
It's also a dual core. Damn, I really thought it was a quad core. But in terms of performance tablets, I think that's as good as it gets.
Unfortunately, I do not believe you will be able to find what you are looking for. Or at least it will be extremely difficult.

The issue is the specifications for an ultrabook and convertible laptops which is a derivative of an ultrabook. One requirement for an ultra is a ULV (ultra low voltage) CPU and unfortunately they are all dual core CPUs because in order to qualify as ULV, I believe the highest allowed TDP is 17w. If I am not mistaken, quad core i7 CPUs have TDPs that ranges between 37w - 57w which is over 2x more than that allowed for an ultrabook.

The quad core CPUs that can be found in tablets are the Bay Trail generation Atom CPUs. While the performance is impressive compared to the Clover Trail generation Atom CPUs, they are clearly not in the same league as Intel's Core series CPUs.

LummusMaximus

Honorable

Oh, oops. I was thinking of the 'pro' version.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro

It's pricy, but should be what you described.

UPDATE:
It's also a dual core. Damn, I really thought it was a quad core. But in terms of performance tablets, I think that's as good as it gets.

Solution