Solved! looking for compatible upgrade parts for pc

Dec 13, 2018
hi, like the title describes, im looking to buy a couple of pc upgrades but im not sure which is compatible with which. im looking to upgrade my 12 GB ram to 16 so i can use dual channel mode and HDD to SSD and if there is a way, maybe my integrated graphics card*.

my pc is "HP Pavilion - 15-cs0008ca"

*I read an article saying that there is a way to install a dGPU in the PCI-e slot on pc? if anyone can shed some light on this would be great

Solution
Your laptop should already be running in dual channel mode. Per HP's spec page, your model has two sticks of memory. You won't get a big - if any - performance difference by matching the capacities, just more RAM.

Your integrated graphics processor can't be changed (soldered to the main board) and there is no PCIe slot on your laptop. PCIe slots are reserved for desktop boards. You would need an MXM slot for a video card, which the Pavilion also does not have, unfortunately.

The SSD should be totally doable, though, and very much worth it. Now's a good time to grab one while sales are going on!
Your laptop should already be running in dual channel mode. Per HP's spec page, your model has two sticks of memory. You won't get a big - if any - performance difference by matching the capacities, just more RAM.

Your integrated graphics processor can't be changed (soldered to the main board) and there is no PCIe slot on your laptop. PCIe slots are reserved for desktop boards. You would need an MXM slot for a video card, which the Pavilion also does not have, unfortunately.

The SSD should be totally doable, though, and very much worth it. Now's a good time to grab one while sales are going on!

Solution