Looking for "file to file" backup software - not imaging software???

Status
Not open for further replies.

probablecause

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
I have 3 hard drives (physical) and need to back up two of them in a file to file format (not imaging). I use XXClone to backup my C drive which works great. However, my #2 and #3 drives just need a simple file to file backup to another drive where I could do mirror backups and incremental backups. Don't mind paying for the software but have downloaded Paragon and other big ones and can't find the file to file feature (if it exists at all). I know an "image" is a pure backup but want the ease of grabbing a directory from a backup drive on the fly.. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brendan

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Windows 7 will do what you need?
It puts the files into CABs but you can get the individual files out if needed?

I use Acronis Trueimage.. which can do images or file level backups in a number of ways.. sure it can do what you need.

Cheers

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

If not - yet another reason to dislike W8.. (as if there were not enough already!!)
I have a W8 machine.. Ill check later. But the Acronis advice holds true irrespective.
Cheers.

probablecause

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Downloaded Acronis and backed up one of the drives (via File backup) and it still creates a single image *.TIB file. Can't figure out how to just do a true file to file backup. The quest continue for a file only, incremental backup solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.