Looking for good headphones for gaming/music

Jul 17, 2018
I am currently looking for a pair of headphones(Preferably closed back) for under $100 and can be paired with the V-Moda Boompro mic. These headphones have to help me in games where there are footsteps, direction of bullets, etc. I've seen many people recommend the Philips SHP 9500 and the Sennheiser HD 518, but those have increased a lot in price.

Solution
Well the SHP9500 and the HD518 are both open-back so if you are looking for a closed back set of cans they may not work out well.

IMHO, the open back's wide sound stage really expands virtual surround in games and gives more immersion, but if the environment is not "open friendly" (noisy and needs isolation) then closed-back is the only way to go. I would have a look at the LyxPro HAS-15 they would be perfect for the v-moda since they use a standard 3.5mm jack and at $50 the price is right.
Well the SHP9500 and the HD518 are both open-back so if you are looking for a closed back set of cans they may not work out well.

IMHO, the open back's wide sound stage really expands virtual surround in games and gives more immersion, but if the environment is not "open friendly" (noisy and needs isolation) then closed-back is the only way to go. I would have a look at the LyxPro HAS-15 they would be perfect for the v-moda since they use a standard 3.5mm jack and at $50 the price is right.

Solution