Looking for headphones for gaming and music

Kohwali

Estimable
Jun 15, 2014
I want
Good soundstage
Balanced sound

I was looking a lot at the Audio-Techica M50x, but I found out that they weren't good for positional audio. I'd like a sound similar to that, but with some depth? Haha

I'm looking at:

AKG K612 Pro - Open headphones :??:
AKG Q701 - Look great!
VMODA Crossfade LP - I know bass lovers will like this. I like bass, but I also like my ears. Plus I heard these were heavy
Audio-Technica AD700

The K612 is open, will the audio leak get picked up by my Yeti?

Where can I learn about amps?

I'd like to keep the budget under $200!

Solution
I have a set of AudioTechnica AD700s. (http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU - this set, bought elsewhere though)
While I did enjoy them and thought they were and still are a great set of headphones..

There was noticeable sound leakage
The lack of microphone was a problem for multiplayer games with voice chat.

I feel my steelseries elite (and siberia v2) are both far superior in terms of directional sound.
I did not notice a loss of sound quality when switching to steelseries headsets from my AD700s.
I'm not familiar with the other ones so hopefully someone else can give you advice on those.

If you do consider Steelseries, I would go with the Siberia v2 over the Elites. The Elites are...

masterpni

Estimable
Sep 22, 2014
I have a set of AudioTechnica AD700s. (http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU - this set, bought elsewhere though)
While I did enjoy them and thought they were and still are a great set of headphones..

There was noticeable sound leakage
The lack of microphone was a problem for multiplayer games with voice chat.

I feel my steelseries elite (and siberia v2) are both far superior in terms of directional sound.
I did not notice a loss of sound quality when switching to steelseries headsets from my AD700s.
I'm not familiar with the other ones so hopefully someone else can give you advice on those.

If you do consider Steelseries, I would go with the Siberia v2 over the Elites. The Elites are heavier and quieter. While they are nice and I use them as my primary headset, I don't feel they are worth the premium in price over the Siberia v2.

Solution