Looking for home theater integration to a home office with laptop

Jul 22, 2018
How can I connect a home theater system (say bose lifestyle) to my laptop and get video output on a dell ultrasharp monitor? Can routing the video via the HT to the monitor increase significant lags?

Is it better to have a 4k TV as a monitor instead for this integration to work well?

Solution
If you are gaming there might be additional lag but for other applications it won't matter.
You can use any TV but if the laptop doesn't support HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 it won't output 4k to the TV. Check the specs of the laptop. The HTS also has to support that for it to work.
You can connect the laptop directly to the TV and send audio from the TV to the HTS over HDMI-ARC or the optical output.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dua.aseem : "Looking for home theater integration to a home office with laptop"

If you are gaming there might be additional lag but for other applications it won't matter.
You can use any TV but if the laptop doesn't support HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 it won't output 4k to the TV. Check the specs of the laptop. The HTS also has to support that for it to work.
You can connect the laptop directly to the TV and send audio from the TV to the HTS over HDMI-ARC or the optical output.

Solution
Jul 22, 2018

Thanks for the tips! If you missed it in the description, I was thinking to use a Dell Ultrasharp monitor instead of the TV. My concern is if I route the laptop to the HTS first and then the video out via the HMI ARC to the monitor, I might get some significant lag in there. Would you have any idea on those aspects?