Looking for laptop for school/light gaming

winla20

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
What is a good laptop that's lightweight, portable, can do some light gaming (i.e. Minecraft, Possibly Csgo) and can be used for schoolwork and stuff like that. Now I wont need it ASAP So i might wait until black friday/cyber monday to order one off amazon or newegg. Although there are some decent choices right now but there is always a possibility that a better laptop might come out 4 months until november. But it's always nice to have options. Thanks!

hdmark

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
try to answer as many of these questions as you can and people will be able to help you out a lot better

1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

winla20

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

1. Around 500-600 USD (not sure if the specs that i want would be in this price range)

2. Maybe around 13-15 inches

3. Maybe 1680x 1050?

4. Portable.

5. 5 hours?

6. Medium

7. maybe editing

8. 750-1tb

9. http://www.newegg.com/ and https://www.amazon.com/

10. Maybe 3-5 years

11. dvd rom, dvd writer

12. I'm really not sure what brands to choose and to not choose since i'm new to laptops and I'm more knowledgable in desktop brands

13. US

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Fill these out for more precise recommendations:

1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.