Looking for Sony Vegas Alternative

techdude9

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Anyone know any free video editing software like Sony Vegas? Sony Vegas is only crashing and giving me errors... It needs to be good software with lots of stuff. Color correcting, making montages, rendering in 720 and 1080p. Thanks

k1114

Distinguished
After effects is more for post effects and motion graphics. Premiere is adobe's video editing software. Although I do prefer AE. But these aren't free. Truthfully windows movie maker is still one of the best free video editors for windows. Have you tried troubleshooting vegas?

If you are a student you can get good discounts on software like Premiere Pro CS6, Vegas, and many others at sites like www.academicsuperstore.com The prices for academic software is considerably cheaper than the retail versions and work just like the retail versions but you do have to provide proof you are a student or teacher.

Would you like to get Vegas to work or are you ready to try something else? If you would like to get it to work more specific information the error message is needed. If not, I would suggest to try the free version of Lightworks. The Pro version is $60 per year (which is not bad). Here's a link to a comparison between the free and pro versions - http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=184
Adobe Creative Cloud is $49.00 per month with access to all products and or $19.99 a month for selected products (which includes Adobe Premiere Pro). If you go that route you will never "own" the software and if you cancel the subscription you lose the software.

techdude9

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I really do wanna get Sony Vegas to work. But that is what the error says. An erorr has occured, Sony Vegas Has stopped working. It's quite a common problem. A lot of people been having it but I haven't found a solution to it yet. I will give Lightworks a try and it is probably good but I really wanna get sony vegas working..

If you have the discs for Vegas 12 you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't solve the problem I suggest you look at the Sony site for support through the user forums. Without knowing the exact error message it's difficult to diagnose the problem. Are you performing a specific task when it crashes or does it just crash randomly?

TRENDING THREADS