Looking to buy a reliativly cheap everyday usage/casual gaming laptop

d0mm

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Some help would really be greatly appreciated as I've spent ages looking but i'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for.

Here is some information about what I've identified as the things I need/want.

Budget: Around £350 or $570. May go slightly higher if it would be worth it, but no higher than £400 or $650 dollars, and i'd rather stay closer to the £350 mark.

Usage: Light gaming, not too fussed about playing on high settings but i'd like to be able to play games such as minecraft and football manager, maybe sims 3 to a decent standard. I won't play them often, but i'll play them occasionally and it's important to me that i'd be able to play them to a decent standard. Mostly i'll be using it for browsing and listening to music.

Screen size: 15inch, 17 inch seems to big for how I use it.

Specs: I don't really understand the cores and graphics card. I thing 4gb RAM is enough for what I want, and it's only for me to use so a hard drive of 500gb is probably enough.

Design: Weight is not too much of an issue as I won't be carrying it around. That said I still need it to be a laptop rather than a PC as I lack the room for a PC and I like the freedom a laptop gives you.

Anything I missed out? Please ask if you want any more info!

All help will be vastly appreciated, so thanks in advance!

Look for something like the Lenovo G505s (59373010) AMD A-Series A10-5750M. It has a Radeon HD 8650g graphics core which is currently the most powerful integrated graphics solution at the moment. AMD's APUs raw CPU processing power is nowhere near Intel's CPU processing power at the same clockspeed, but Intel's HD 4600 graphics core is not as powerful as the Radeon HD 8650g.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312829&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-All+Laptops+%2f+Notebooks-_-N82E16834312829&gclid=CIz1rqW7sLoCFcuZ4AodXG8ARQ

d0mm

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion:)

But yah sadly that is just a bit too expensive in the uk. However thanks for you info on cores an graphics cards. Although I think I understand the other important specifications , knowing weather or not the cores and graphics cards are any good or just downright useless is beyond me

d0mm

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

Although, this one has the same name but with a slightly different processor.

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/essential/g-series/g505s/

And this is only £400:)