Looks like I have a virus

Knicks2012

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Pop up from internet explorer (i use chrome and firefox) plays an audio file that says I need to call this number to remove adware or spyware. Would deleting internet explorer and other files get rid of this problem? or do I have to start over??

RatedEDinHDonYT

Estimable
Apr 10, 2015
You just need to do a system scan and enable pop up blocker and see if that works also if you don't have an anti-virus program that is just you're fault. (= hoped this helped.

Solution

Boss Cat Johnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Download AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes (search Google) then runs scans on both. If that does not fix it you could do a system restore to an earlier date when it was working.

How to do a system restore: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11238/using-system-restore-to-recover-your-windows-7-computer/

Bencenum

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
I had a virus that BitDefender couldn't find some months ago and Hitman Pro (it has a 30 days free version) found and deleted it. You could try that, as I don't know if it's even possible to uninstall IE.

Aspiring techie

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
Spybot is also a good antimalware. Gorilla Price is definitely something you don't want. I once got it without realizing it, and ads started popping up all over the place.
Qihoo is also a pretty good antivirus.