Jill Jilani

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
I have suddenly lost all channels on my Sharp Aquos TV, it's giving a message 'no signal', although two other TVs in the house are fine. I have tried to reset from 'Factory settings' but it doesn't install anything. When I do 'channel scan' it shows no channels. I have tried pulling out the ariel and then re-inserting it, but no difference. I am a non-techno person, so any non-jargon help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
I assume all three TVs are connected to a splitter and common antenna. There may be a problem with that particular antenna cable or one output of the splitter. You can change the output of the splitter used for that TV to another one to check that.
You can check the wire itself by either moving the TV and connect it to a known working antenna feed or move one of the other TVs to the one that doesn't seem to work. The size of the TVs would determine which is easier to do. You could also extend one of the other antenna leads if it was close enough with a female to female F connector adapter and another RF cable.
It is possible for the tuner inside the TV to go bad. A replacement board might be available and reasonably priced...
I assume all three TVs are connected to a splitter and common antenna. There may be a problem with that particular antenna cable or one output of the splitter. You can change the output of the splitter used for that TV to another one to check that.
You can check the wire itself by either moving the TV and connect it to a known working antenna feed or move one of the other TVs to the one that doesn't seem to work. The size of the TVs would determine which is easier to do. You could also extend one of the other antenna leads if it was close enough with a female to female F connector adapter and another RF cable.
It is possible for the tuner inside the TV to go bad. A replacement board might be available and reasonably priced.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp
An external tuner would be another option. Some of these offer PVR functions, multiple tuners, and add smart functions (Tivo for instance).

Solution