Lost email or just never found?

dave1310

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
I have attempted to register with several sites over the last few years, the type where they send an email with a link included which must be followed to complete the registration process. I never receive that email in most cases.
These are not just blog sites, they include payment sites for utility companies, and one major credit card company, as well as several forums of interest. Since I thought, perhaps, there was a problem with my email provider, I opened an email on two other providers and tried using them to register. Same thing.
I have checked directly into the provider's web mail for my accounts and nothing is there, in the main mailbox or in spam or any of the default folders usually provided. (Yahoo, Google and AOL are the ones I have used.) NADA.
I can't believe that all these sites would not send out the registration email (especially the ones where money is involved) because it is an automated action these days.
So, anyone have any idea what is happening and where my emails might be?

Solution
Without revealing the email address you are referring to (never post an email address in a public thread unless you really like spam), is the address in question the same one used here on Tom's Hardware? If so, it is a plain vanilla address and should cause no issues.

As pointed out earlier, these issues are often the result of spam/junk mail filters. Do you check your mail via a web browser interface or do you download all mail locally (with an app like Thunderbird or Outlook)?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dave1310 : "Lost email or just never found?"

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Without revealing the email address you are referring to (never post an email address in a public thread unless you really like spam), is the address in question the same one used here on Tom's Hardware? If so, it is a plain vanilla address and should cause no issues.

As pointed out earlier, these issues are often the result of spam/junk mail filters. Do you check your mail via a web browser interface or do you download all mail locally (with an app like Thunderbird or Outlook)?

Solution