Lost videos and photos on an android phone

georgigirl

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I took photos and videos on a memory card on my Samsung J3 phone and when I went to the gallery to select and view, it came up with the pictures then a sort of lightening flash and everything went black. Now I can't retrieve those photos and videos from the memory card but others photos are ok.

Solution
Try connecting the phone, while the card is still in it, to a computer via USB cord. You should be able to vie the files on the SD card from the computer. I would suggest you then back up those files to an empty folder on the computer. And also back up the ones on your phone to a folder on the computer. Once the card is empty try reformatting it to see if it will work.

No matter if it does, or you need a new card, I would leave a copy of the files on the computer (and back up the phone regularly) so as to not risk losing the files.
Try connecting the phone, while the card is still in it, to a computer via USB cord. You should be able to vie the files on the SD card from the computer. I would suggest you then back up those files to an empty folder on the computer. And also back up the ones on your phone to a folder on the computer. Once the card is empty try reformatting it to see if it will work.

No matter if it does, or you need a new card, I would leave a copy of the files on the computer (and back up the phone regularly) so as to not risk losing the files.

Solution