Macbook Air(New Model) or ASUS 2-in-1 Q524UQK

Satty34413

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I'm going back to school soon and I need help choosing the right laptop. I would like to do my schoolwork efficiently while also playing minecraft and league of legends. I currently have the ASUS Q524UQK and it reaches high temperatures while gaming. I'm not sure if the Macbook Air would be a better overall laptop or not. I will link both laptops so the specs of both can be seen. I need answers soon, please!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-q524uq-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-940mx-2tb-hard-drive-sandblasted-black-aluminum-with-gunmetal-hinge/5561400.p?skuId=5561400

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-display-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-latest-model-silver/5465502.p?skuId=5465502

Solution
If you already have this ASUS, there is absolutely no reason to shell out $1,000 for a MacBook. However, if you could make your pick between these laptops today, I'd actually recommend the MacBook Air based solely on your 'life style'.

The MacBook will play the games listed and provide an overall quality feel that few other PCs can match. And at 2.96lbs it's literally going to feel like 'Air' compared with the chunky 5.07lbs ASUS. Of course, it's a smaller frame but Minecraft or LoL will play perfectly well on a 13.3" screen and you'll get 12 hours of battery life rather than ~7 hours with the ASUS.

You may consider this your first home assignment...

Cheers,
GreyCatz.
If you already have this ASUS, there is absolutely no reason to shell out $1,000 for a MacBook. However, if you could make your pick between these laptops today, I'd actually recommend the MacBook Air based solely on your 'life style'.

The MacBook will play the games listed and provide an overall quality feel that few other PCs can match. And at 2.96lbs it's literally going to feel like 'Air' compared with the chunky 5.07lbs ASUS. Of course, it's a smaller frame but Minecraft or LoL will play perfectly well on a 13.3" screen and you'll get 12 hours of battery life rather than ~7 hours with the ASUS.

You may consider this your first home assignment...

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution