Macros available on mirrorless cameras?

Solution
Yes a mirrorless camera can do a great job at Macro. Macro photography on an inter-changable lens camera does not depend on a mirror (or lack of a mirror). You need a macro lens. This can either be a lens you "make" like nikono mentioned or a dedicated macro lens. I've tried most of the various techniques and a dedicated macro lens will give the best results.

If you want a macro lens, search for an E-Mount macro lens. There are several good options. Sony makes a 90mm macro lens Zeiss makes a 50mm. Both cost around $1000. Between the two I would highly prefer the 90mm. The reason is something called minimum working distance.

Minimum working distance is the distance from the front of the lens to the subject. With something...

nikono

Commendable
May 26, 2016
Yes.
The cheapest way to do macro is to use a $2 "reverse ring" adapter that has the same thread size for a filter on your existing lens. You will screw the lens' front to the adapter. The other side of the adapter goes on the camera.
In effect, the lens is mounted backward on the camera. You'll need to use manual focus and set the camera to "release w/o lens".
Go to eBay, search for 140872204712
The picture speaks 1,000 words better than what I wrote.

bjornl

Estimable
Yes a mirrorless camera can do a great job at Macro. Macro photography on an inter-changable lens camera does not depend on a mirror (or lack of a mirror). You need a macro lens. This can either be a lens you "make" like nikono mentioned or a dedicated macro lens. I've tried most of the various techniques and a dedicated macro lens will give the best results.

If you want a macro lens, search for an E-Mount macro lens. There are several good options. Sony makes a 90mm macro lens Zeiss makes a 50mm. Both cost around $1000. Between the two I would highly prefer the 90mm. The reason is something called minimum working distance.

Minimum working distance is the distance from the front of the lens to the subject. With something like the Sony 30mm macro lens you are going to almost be touching the subject (you will be less than 1" from your subject). With the 50mm it is going to be just under 2" without the hood. With the hood, you can not get to 1:1 magnification. With the 90mm your working distance is around 5.5 to 5.75 inches. This means you are not as close to your subject. Some subjects get scared and sting or bite you if you get too close. Others run away. And with more working distance it is always easier to get good lighting on your subject. If you are right on top of your subject it is hard not to cast a harsh/ugly shadow on it.

Solution