Mass Effect Movie Will Have a New Storyline

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just don't let Uwe Boll anywhere near it and it should be ok.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]TheWhiteRose000[/nom]I wanna see a Bioshock Movie.[/citation]
As much as I do, there is a reason why producers chose not to do so. They found the contents in Bioshock too gruesome and gory. Still, there's something called Rated-R.

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]zepd3z[/nom]totally ignoring the games story and no joker? ...so its a prequel to the game right???[/citation]

Nah, it's just a rip-off from the game, no relation to story in games?!?!?!?! No movie in my opinion

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Honestly I think they SHOULD ignore the story from the games. Going through multiple media outlets should not be a way to tell the same story, but rather, expand upon the universe as a whole.

I'd find it more interesting if it wasn't about Shepard. Also, it becomes more convoluted seeing as Shepard in the game was a customizable figure, despite the default look. And then, when you HAVE a default look, for any character, and voices, you run into the trouble where fans are unsettled because that's not what they saw in the game.

So instead, in my opinion, they'd have better luck working together with the writers of the game to tell a new story somewhere else in the universe, maybe a different time as well.

That's just me though.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]zepd3z[/nom]totally ignoring the games story and no joker?[/citation]

Ugh. We've been down this road before.. it was called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Gee, thanks a LOT, BioWare. Not like I cared about ME movie (games ftw), but ignoring the storyline? I can see that it needs to be done because the real storyline is changed according to the player's actions, but really... they promised before that the movie will follow ME1 storyline. Fine, let's see what they'll come up with. Me, I just want Mass Effect 3 - and less plotholes this time :)

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
while i hope that the movie will be excellent, at least there's solace in the fact that even if the movie sucks shit, the soundtrack will be good

G

There's plenty of room to fit a movie in the Commander Shepard timeline. What happened between ME1 and 2? There was a time gap there, I don't think he was sitting doing nothing. What were the events that got him noticed by the Spectres in the first place? Maybe an origin story. I'd be quite happy NOT watching a movie with a cut down version of a story I've played through repeatedly. Same problem as with trying to make a movie out of a book.

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I'm concerned how they are going to make other species look as well as what everyone has previously stated. I have not been impressed with movie effects that follow games that include other monsters, species, etc...I also hope that if they CG the shit out of this that they do a quality job with it (e.g. Avatar)

mm6502

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]cognoscentiable[/nom]Taking bets on the actor who play's Shepard.... even though we all know it will be Sam Worthington.[/citation]
Not a chance. Kate Beckinsale will do the job.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Ignore everything from the games: welcome another totally bullshit movie :D.
Whats wrong with all those movie studios. Never heard "if it aint broke dont fix it"?!

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I always played the female Shepard, so suspension of disbelief will be major problem for me. Seriously, FemShep is much better acted than ManShep. That, and if you have to spend 20+ hrs looking at someone's backside, it might as well be a female's ;-).

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
MassEffect could be the greatest SciFi of all times or it could suck donkey ballz!!! I hope they don't blow it!!! I played through MassEffect only because of the Story and I wished it were a movie.

mm6502

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]nitrium[/nom]...FemShep is much better acted than ManShep. That, and if you have to spend 20+ hrs looking at someone's backside, it might as well be a female's ;-).[/citation]
my words...

Status
Not open for further replies.