Mass opening of Notepad files

doghouseriley

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015
So I had downloaded a .jar file of a popular game (300 players on at all times) and long story short me and the owner got into an argument so all of a sudden he somehow starts mass-opening notepad files and paint applications on my computer. By the time I shut it down there was 192 of them open. How the hell can I counteract this without wiping my computer?? Does anybody know a way to find the virus? I dont mean a shitty Mcaffee virus scan but a specific virus removal tool for something like this.

Solution
whos saying anything about Mcafee... i dont even consider it antivirus... its more like a PUP
as for your problem - boot into safe mode (without networking) and do this start->msconfig->startup and see for something with name similar to zyxpsdfasgdhfa (you get the point) and uncheck it. Download Malwarebytes and run a full scan. Do same with Spybot search&destroy and you can also run HitmanPro (i recently used HitmanPro to clean a virus that no other AV could detect). Make sure you update AV before scanning. When you clean up with those progs use CCleaner to delete the "virus" registry leftovers (and other program leftovers too)
Make sure you turn your firewall on to prevent unwanted attacks in future

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
whos saying anything about Mcafee... i dont even consider it antivirus... its more like a PUP
as for your problem - boot into safe mode (without networking) and do this start->msconfig->startup and see for something with name similar to zyxpsdfasgdhfa (you get the point) and uncheck it. Download Malwarebytes and run a full scan. Do same with Spybot search&destroy and you can also run HitmanPro (i recently used HitmanPro to clean a virus that no other AV could detect). Make sure you update AV before scanning. When you clean up with those progs use CCleaner to delete the "virus" registry leftovers (and other program leftovers too)
Make sure you turn your firewall on to prevent unwanted attacks in future

Solution