Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8G6 size--7.5, 9.5, or 12.7 mm?

EddyGee

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

I am crying "Uncle" and giving in. From the number of times I have found an answer to a question or problems on your site, I am now posting a question of my own here.

A few months ago I purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop, G751JL-DS71 that has a DVD in it. I want to upgrade to a Blu-Ray OD. Device Manager lists the Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8G6. I have searched everywhere to determine correct size. Tech at Best Buy says 12.7. An eBay seller tells me it is 9.5. From an upgrade video of a similar model ASUS, the Blu-Ray drive is a UJ272 which is 9.5. I called ASUS, first spoke to a person in the "Store"; could not answer question so transferred me to Tech Support. They could not answer the question. All they could do is give me their internal part number for my current drive (17604-00012100).

Which brings me to y'all. Do you know the size of my Matshita drive? Pressing my luck, which Blu-Ray drive do you recommend? I do not need it to Write, just one that can Read Blu-Ray while I am at my lake house.

Any help is appreciated.

Eddy

EddyGee

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016

My dominant hand is still in a fixture after multiple surgeries, so I only have the use of one hand at the moment. I would like to get the correct drive ordered, so that by the time the fixture is off and OT/PT is complete I can install.

Eddy

EddyGee

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016

Thank you for your help. I will try to find a supplier for that model here in the US or find the size of the replacement parts so I can then purchase a similar model. Based on my initial searches of ASUS North American webpages, they do not offer or sell the Blu Ray drives. I will keep searching. Again, thanks for your help.