Solved! Medion Akoya Laptop wont, show any sign of life after battery went flat

Feb 7, 2018
The laptop ran out of charge and whilst doing updates I was away from home and didn't have the right charger, tried a couple of other but no charge... got home plugged in with the proper charger and now it won't show any sign of life, no charge light, no power on... I tried the rest but nothing.. Any suggestions? its a medion akoya s4613 and was running 100% fine prior to this.

Solution
Yeah it's never something apparent :lol:, I would try the reset again (remove battery and power adapter and hold the power button down to discharge)maybe even longer than 30 seconds and then plug in the adapter without battery first. I had a laptop that eventually got going after a few resets (battery was gone). But if you can verify the voltage is arriving to the MOBO then that eliminates port and power supply. Keep us posted.
Feb 7, 2018
Yeah it's never something apparent :lol:, I would try the reset again (remove battery and power adapter and hold the power button down to discharge)maybe even longer than 30 seconds and then plug in the adapter without battery first. I had a laptop that eventually got going after a few resets (battery was gone). But if you can verify the voltage is arriving to the MOBO then that eliminates port and power supply. Keep us posted.

Solution