memory stick card reader

MISSMARTHA

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
i recently bought a like new sony dsc-s60 cyber-shot camera, i was trying to get my card reader to read the memory stick, but i'm getting nowhere,any help please

Solution
Need more details, is the card not fitting in the reader? Does it just not show up as a drive letter/ Anything coming up when you insert the card in the reader? Has the reader worked before? It could not be hooked up properly or is broken.
Need more details, is the card not fitting in the reader? Does it just not show up as a drive letter/ Anything coming up when you insert the card in the reader? Has the reader worked before? It could not be hooked up properly or is broken.

Solution

MISSMARTHA

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

i appreciate your responding, this one aera in computers that i have little knowledge in, my computer is a refurbishment of mine, it came with card reader,which has been connected and installed,never used it, the camera had a memory stick and my system has a slot for it, my system doesn't pick up the stick, drive, or anything. can you help me get on the right track, i'm a bit lost with this. i rebuild computers for a hobby , but with cameras and memory sticks not familure with to much.
thank you
martha

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
First, please make sure your card reader has the right slot. Sony memory cards are "Memory Stick Pro", or M2, as most call them. They do not fit in SD card slots (as they are a bit thinner) and need a card reader with a specific slot.

This considered, make sure the card reader is properly installed. For that, launch the device manager (start>run>devmgmt.msc, or just type device manager on windows 7 and above).

In the device manager, you should see the sd card reader listed under the USB controllers. It may be be named Generic USB Hub. If you do not find it, you probably have a hardware issue.

If anything under the device manager presents a yellow sign with an exclamation mark, it means some piece of hardware is missing a software driver and is not working properly.

Please tell us if you find anything unusual there.

Most commonly, a card reader not working means a missing driver.