Memory upgrade which one is better ?

niba10

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
I have now 4GB and its not enough for me I need 8GB+ what RAM you recommend to me I have this laptop:

lenovo z580

i7 3632Q 2.20GHZ

intel 4000 + gt 635m

4gb ram

120gb samsung evo 840 ssd

between those :

1) Sodimm Kingston ValueRam 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3

2) Corsair 1x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance SODIMM

3)Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Low Voltage

dovah-chan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Any RAM would do just fine as other DIMMs very rarely have a greater performance difference versus other DIMMs; but make sure you get a 2x4GB kit. That way you can activate dual channel mode and get more memory bandwidth. It would increase boot times and application loading times alongside your SSD. Also try to go for lower voltage so you can save more battery. This kit would do you nicely

Clumorelo

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014

It should be okay. The main rule is when you pick multiple RAM's always try to pick same model and manufacturer. About 2x4GB or 1x8GB there are a lot of reviews on google, but what I have read it doesn't give a significant boost in performance, but still a BOOST! :))

Oh and when you buy a pair of them put them in right slots for best dual performance, refer to motherboard manual for this. Usually slots are color coded.

Edit: Though not sure about how many slots are in laptops. On a standard ATX mobo there are 4 slots, but I haven't really dealt with laptops, so maybe my words about slots are not relevant.

Brunostako

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2013
Choosing RAM is usually not a problem. Seriously choose any one, there are no bad brands these days, the bad ones already died.

Choose at least a dual channel kit or just add one 4GB stick more, modern Intel memory controllers can use dual channel with different modules.

Lou_Dollaz

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
Laptops are not my strong point but for any ram keep in mind you lower cas is better and higher speed is better so if it was cas 11 1866 vs 9 1600 I would rather have the 1600, hope this makes sense to you and helps you decide what ram you want

The Real Jaydax

Estimable
Sep 24, 2014
I suggest you go to crucial.com 's website - a leading memory supplier. On their site you'll find details of memory and more important, there's a utility for checking the existing RAM on your computer and suggesting upgrade paths. Run that on your computer and see what it suggests. Once you've found out what you need there is no obligation to buy crucial memory - you can shop anywhere for it.
Crucial Advisor tool
If you know your system's specs, use this tool.
Crucial System Scanner
If you don't know your system's specs, use this tool.

TRENDING THREADS