Vznry

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
To sell my Abit AN8 with AMD 64x2 4200+ with 4Gb running Win 7, I formatted the drive and installed XP Pro SP2 (from original CD), Abit MB Drivers and SP3.

When I try to install the Media Audio Controller (Realtek) I get message: The file " on is needed.

The needed file is blank (should be "filename"), and the location (on filelocation) is blank.

Solution
I fixed to problem after second format and XP CD with Sp2 reinstallation.

First reinstall I installed SP3 and all of the other driver packages. Same error message.

Second format and installation of XP W/SP2 I installed the audio drivers successfully. Then I install SP3 and all other drivers.

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Marshall

Vznry

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
I have tried ASUS, Realtek and even Lenova drivers. The properties for Media Audio Controller says: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1). The file needed window is blank. . . so, even if I knew what and where the file is, It will never be found by the file locate window.

Vznry

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
I failed to post a long reply and rebooted.. Oh well. I'll rerenter.

32 bit OS. LAN, Monitor,GeForce GT 430 and nVidia nForce PCI System Management drivers successfully installed.

Device Manager:
.'
- (yellow?) Other devices
(yellow?) Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
- Sound, video and game controllers
(Spkr) Audio Codecs
(Spkr) Legacy Audio Drivers
(Spkr) Legacy Video Capture Devices
(Spkr) Media Control Devices
(yellow!) Multimedia Audio Controller
(Spkr) Video Codecs
- System devices
(Display) Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
(Display) NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

When I try to update or install drivers for the ! or ? flagged devices, I get the message.

Vznry

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
I fixed to problem after second format and XP CD with Sp2 reinstallation.

First reinstall I installed SP3 and all of the other driver packages. Same error message.

Second format and installation of XP W/SP2 I installed the audio drivers successfully. Then I install SP3 and all other drivers.

Thanks for your assistance and patience.

Marshall

Solution