Microphone problems, noise and overly quiet

Rykuu Disaga

Estimable
May 17, 2014
Ok, I recently bought a Samson C01U since my headset broke, and with Skype it works pretty well, it starts off quiet for a moment when I do the playback call, but it boost to hearable volumes in a second. But then I started recording with Bandicam, and noticed I couldn't hear myslef at all, and bumped the levels up to 80. I still have troubles hearing myself and need to turn the volume up all the way just to barely hear. So I bumped the level of the mic to 100, and I can hear myself, but I hear alot of buzzing and humming noise as well (a problem I didn't have with my webcam mic or my headset).

What is wrong?

Thanks for all your replies.

By the way, I run Win 8.1 if that helps any.

the samson c01u is well known to have a rather low output volume hence why i personally suggest other models instead of that one.

you can try some of the various fixes around to try andget around the issue or you can replace it with a microphone which isnt well known for this problem. the choice is yours.

the buzzing or humming is due to you having your sensitivity turned up way too high and it being near the computer monitor, speakers or other electrical device. this is interference.

Rykuu Disaga

Estimable
May 17, 2014

I have been looking around, but cannot find any solutions, any links? I'm cannot push my parent's for returning it and getting a different mic, it was a miracle that I got this one.